Tuesday, August 14, 2007

bored and blogging

It's 4am, and i am still up,, i really need to get my sleep schedule back. So as you know there is not much to do when the house is sleeping, so here i am again, bored and blogging.
Not much new has happened since my last post, i did get a new song of the week, which is AMAZING(check it out), and i had a reassuring talk with my boyfriend tonight. No not the jealous kind where i'm asking him all these questions about other girls, "would you dump me if she came on to you". We had a conversation with much more meaning than that, to me anyway.
We have been dating for about four months now, and He has called every night from the start ((you know teens and their phones)). Most of the time it's either that mushy talk about who misses who more, or just random things about our day. But tonight the phone call was about God. As you know God is very important in my life, and dating other Christians is important to me as well. I knew he was a Christian and we would talk about our youth group activities and occasionally about our lessons. Tonight we talked about what we loved about being a Christian, and just basically just gave our testimonies to each other. I just thought the whole convo was sweet, and just let me know more than ever that God is the foundation of any relationship we will ever have. I'm not saying we are super serious or anything, as I frequently remind you i am just a teen, but it is just nice to know that my boyfriend(for now) and my good friend (forever) is as serious about God as i am.
My brother is also spending the week,,,,,,,,,, whoopee (it'd be nice if you'd read that sentence with the lovely voice of Ben Stein). It is so awkward, we are not close at all. It's hard to find things to talk about, and frankly I'm not too sure if i want to. Every time we get close he does something stupid, like be a druggie. I want to be close, but i don't want to get hurt. So right now all i can do is pray, and see how this relationship turns out. Pray for him, and me as well.
And last topic, but deff not least. I'm going on a trip with my youth group Friday, so I'm pretty pumped. I'll let you know how it went when i get back, which i'm sure i will be using the words insane, crazy, and amazing a lot.

1 comment:

AuntieB said...

Hey, girlie!

I've got a new project for you. Don't worry - I'm just as involved in this "new project" as you are. Kinda makes me nervous.

I'll call you this afternoon or this evening. We need to get started on this ASAP. I mean like last week (but I didn't find out about it til last night). =)