Sunday, August 5, 2007

Church Piano

yes another post! Since i am only a teenager, i don't have much to post other than teenage drama, fears, and excitement. Which is different from the rest of the worlds because most of the times it seems small, unimportant or just not as exciting as we thought. The "adult world" has more than likely experienced what i am going through or much worse, ergo, it's not a big deal. But your teenage tidbit for today is a lovely experience i had today playing piano at church.
There i was just singing my heart away in the church choir, when i see my dad ( the church choir director ) start motioning. It was quite a funny sight actually, seeing him make numbers with his fingers and do some silly little gesture in the air. Then i realize he is telling me a page number and asking me if i wanted to try my newly formed piano skills on one of the songs. You have to realize something i didn't, even with a year of piano under my belt, it's way different once you are up there. So i agree, pick my best song, and freeze. It wasn't so bad they sang a cappella during fellowship so no one cared. After church i got "good job sweetie" from the elderly sweet ladies who love you no matter what, and people's stories about when they first tried to play piano. It was kind of embarrassing and i probably won't play in front of a whole congregation for a long time now.
There was extra great thing about this congregation today, my brother showed up. He is in the midst of a divorce and has needed the lord since he was about 17 (is now 27). He comes once in a blue moon to quiet my parents and sleeps though half of it. But this time, he said " I enjoyed Sunday school today, do u think you could bring me again next week". That's a huge improvement and a great excitement to us all, so i ask your prayers for him and his family, maybe he will give his life to the lord!

No comments: